Kitchen Ideas For Small Kitchens
Kitchen Ideas For Small Kitchens
Kitchen Ideas – When you start thinking about storage and decorative ideas for small kitchens, your imagination is just about the only limit you have. You can paint kitchen a bright color that makes the room feel more open and friendly. Space saving solutions like vertical open shelving and small appliances make the space even more comfortable.
Having a small kitchen can either be a very frustrating or very rewarding experience. Learning how to manage a small kitchen space is essential for your comfort and efficiency.
Quick and Easy Storage Ideas for Small Kitchens
When you are working with a very limited amount of space, think of as many ideas for small kitchens as you can.
- Vertical floor to ceiling open storage shelves.
- Space saving appliances.
- Flat electric stovetop that can also serve as extra counter space when not in use.
- Anything that is easy to store or put away like folding tables and chairs.
- Hanging racks for pots, pans, and large utensils.
- Use the walls and ceilings for storage by installing hooks or small hanging racks.
- Install half-sized refrigerators and other larger appliances under countertops or build them into the wall.
There are a lot of ideas for small kitchens that will save your space. Open storage shelves can be efficient and attractive when well organized. Anything that is small and can be stored easily, or can serve a dual purpose will serve you well. Do not forget to use the ceiling and walls for some storage options. These are great kitchen ideas for small spaces.
Make it Eye-Catching
Ideas for small kitchens should also include functional but attractive décor, light paint colors, and storage solutions that disappear into the background when they are not being used.
- Paint your kitchen a color that reflects light well.
- Build three nearly full-sized drawers under the counter that sit perfectly in the corner spaces under the kitchen counter.
- Use your wall space. Install cup hooks and hang your matching coffee cups there.
- Use a lazy Susan in a cabinet or on the countertop to hold spices and other items you use every day.
- Double your cabinet space with wire racks to cut down on counter clutter. Think spices on top and teas, coffee, and other assorted things on bottom.
When you have a small kitchen, finding every usable inch of space is necessary. That does not mean you cannot have a great looking place to cook. Paint will make a huge difference, because it will reflect light, brightening up the room. When you start generating ideas for small kitchens, think of your dishes as functional decorations, instead of things that should be hidden.
Streamlining a Small Kitchen on a Budget
Using ideas for kitchens does not have to be as expensive as you might think.
- Go to a consignment shop that carries items for kitchens.
- Local charities that build homes often have small stores where they sell extra screws, nails, light fixtures, drawer handles and knobs, sinks, cabinets, and more.
- Find quality products secondhand instead of paying full price.
- Look for bargains at flea markets and turn an old wooden milk crate into retro storage space.
Whether you are decorating your small kitchen with functional pieces or trying to find an appliance that fits your small space, do not shy away from gently used items. There are huge savings available, if you know where to look and this can keep your kitchen cost low.
Decorate your kitchen with functional uses in mind. Use smart, space-saving features like open vertical shelves and hanging pot racks. Neatly hang up coffee cups and stack dishes on the open shelves. Paint the wall behind them an attractive color. Try second hand shops, flea markets, consignment shops, and the internet to find everything you need and still stay within your budget for ideas for small kitchens.